Saturday, November 2, 2013

Low Salt Lunch Choices

I try to eat very low sodium lunches so that I can eat dinner with the family and still stay under 1000 mg of sodium a day.  One of my favorite lunches features Gorton's Grilled Tilapia.  They come two squares to a package and are seasoned and they are easily heated in the microwave.    Each square is 140 mg of sodium. 

I have found some frozen steamable rice dishes.  I have found them at Walmart and Publix and Winn Dixie.  There are several types.  One is Minute Steamers with Brown Rice, Barley, Quinoa and Wild Rice.  There is 0 sodium in this and the mixture of grains is very tasty. 



There are also frozen steamable rice mixes is from Birds Eye.  I have tried two of these.  One has brown and wild rice with carrots, corn and peas.  Another has brown and wild rice with broccoli and carrots.  These have 20-25 mg sodium per cup.  They are also good.  I usually add a little Smart Balance low sodium spread and Mrs Dash to them to make them yummy. 

I also sometimes include the Birds Eye frozen steamable vegetables with the rice and fish.  These are very low sodium and I can add the low sodium Smart Balance and Mrs Dash to them as well.  Smart Balance Low Sodium spread has a buttery flavor and is only 30 mg sodium per tablespoon. 

These are healthy choices for a low sodium lunch or dinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment